Orange County Kickoff Classic Soccer Tournament Rules
Alcoholic beverages, tobacco products and pets of any kind are not allowed at any playing venue. (These are facility rules.)
TEAM AND PARENTS (FANS) GAME VIEWING LOCATION
Prior to and during each game Teams, Parents (Fans) and Coaches shall sit on opposite sides from opposing team. Team Canopy and or benches and parents (fans) shall be to the left of the coaches’ box. There will be no exceptions to this rule. Referees (and venue / site coordinators) will remind everyone of this requirement in plenty of time before each game begins.
1) Unless otherwise noted below, FIFA “Laws of the Game” and USYSA playing rules will be used.
2) All games will be considered final and no protests will be allowed.
3) The clock will start the scheduled kickoff time, with a running clock.
4) The length of 15/14 and 13 games is 40 minutes with a 5-minute half time.
5) The length of 12 and 11 games is 50 minutes with a 5-minute half time.
6) The length of 10, 09, 08, 07, 06, 05 and 04 games will be 60 minutes with a 5-minute half time.
7) All Championship games will be the same length as pool play games. If tied, go
directly to shoot out to determine winner.
8) All teams must have a licensed coach and carded administrator at every game. No
CYSA-5 team may participate without both.
The 10 point scoring system will be used.
- Win = 6 points
- Tie = 3 points
- Loss = 0 points
- One point a shutout.
- One point for each goal scored, not to exceed (3) goals per game.
- One point each team for a (0-0) tie.
- A forfeit win will be scored 1-0. Teams which forfeit any game will have all of its
games played scored as 0-1 losses.
If there are two teams tied in points at the end of the preliminary rounds, the
following tie-breaker procedures will be implemented to determine a winner:
- Winner of head to head competition.
- Total goals against. (Three per game max.)
- Total goals scored. (No maximum)
- FIFA penalty kicks
- Any game that determines if a team moves on to the next round cannot end in a
tie and will be decided by FIFA penalty kicks.
- All Championship games that end in a tie will be decided by FIFA penalty kicks.
Unlimited substitutions will be allowed under the following guidelines:
- Any dead ball with referee permission.
All teams must provide properly laminated league, state passes or necessary loan
and/or travel papers.
- A team shall consist of at least seven (7) players for 11 v 11 games, six (6) players for 9 v 9 games and five (5) players for 7 v 7 games.
- Player cards may be checked and rosters verified before each game.
- Maximum of twenty-two (22) players on the roster.
- Unlimited loan players.
- All loan players must have the proper loan documents.
- Home team will have the choice of touch line.
- The home teams coach, their players and their parents will reside on one side of
the soccer field.
- The away teams coach, their players and their parents will reside on the
opposite side of the soccer field of the home teams coach, players and parents.
- The game will not begin until both team’s coaches, their players and their
parents are on opposite sides of the field (running clock).
- Only the Tournament Director has the authority to end a match early.
- Home team shall provide the game ball.
- Home team will choose which goal to attach to start the game.
- Home team will kick off to start the game.
- Home team shall change jerseys if conflict of colors.
- All players must wear shin guards.
Any player or coach that is ejected from the playing area will be suspended for the
next game. Depending on the severity and the reason for the ejection, the player or
coach may be suspended for the remainder of the tournament.
One point will be deducted for each ejection that is recorded.
- Each participating player and coach will receive a Tournament pin.
- Tournament medals will be awarded to 1st and 2nd place teams in each flight.
Once teams are accepted, there will be no refunds.
STANDARDS OF PLAY