By Kenton H. Fibel, MD
Sports Medicine Physician
Medical Director, Anaheim Ducks
Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic
What are the benefits of Physical Activity and Sports for our Youth?
- Helps prevent obesity, heart disease, and diabetes
- Helps students focus in school
- For teens, helps avoid risk-taking behaviors like smoking, drinking, and using drugs
- Improves sleep
- Burns calories
- Strengthens the cardiovascular system
- Builds strong bones and muscles
- Increases flexibility
- Diffuses stress
- Teaches teamwork and sportsmanship
- Boosts self-esteem
- Improves an overall sense of well-being
Important to Promote Physical Activity
- We can’t let our kids develop bad habits with just sitting at home, staking out a place on the couch, and spending the day watching TV or playing video games…
Please join us in supporting Orange County youth sports being able to get back to scrimmages, games and tournaments. We are asking all youth sports groups and their families to send letters of support to the Governor Gavin Newsom. Everything you need is at GameOnOC.org. Please go to the Contact Governor Gavin Newsom link. There is a sample letter (pdf) you can cut and paste into the Governors link (2nd page) or create your own letter.
Thank you for your support.